Translation status and infrastructure

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Wed May 9 03:57:56 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I would like to help with the translation and have some experience
(we are translating Fedora Project to Bulgarian). What I have done
is to subscribe to this list, create an account in the wiki, got the
sources (Using_Subversion) and can see some *.pot and *.po files
around. My questions are (in short, what, when, where, how):

Is there separate svn repo for the translation?

Is there a procedure to follow (the wiki page is not quite specific)?

Should I have an account for the svn or what's the method to get
the translated .po files back to the project?

If there's no translation infrastructure currently (which makes my
previous questions invalid), I can describe what do we have in
Fedora Project (have some ideas too)...

I see there's a qemu copy in the source. Can it be used to test the
translation? I would prefer to have a real device to see the results
(and waiting to buy one ASAP), but qemu would do also. I have a
sharp zaurus and have compiled and installed a few programs on it,
but the emulation with qemu is not quite successful.

PP: I can start translating after 24.V.2007 (F7 release).

--
Regards,
  Doncho