Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded

Jerome Gotangco jsgmob at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:49:16 CEST 2007

On 5/9/07, Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just read this: http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2403415870.html
> Contrary to widespread rumors, Ubuntu Mobile will not target mobile phones. Instead, the "mobile and embedded" version of the popular desktop Linux distribution will be developed in partnership with Intel, and will target "mobile Internet devices" (MIDs), along the lines of Nokia's N800 web tablet.

As a member of the Ubuntu project, I can confidently say that the
embedded space is one of the key targets since 3 releases ago, but on
what area of embedded, we haven't really tackled in detail. The most
realistic that we could probably deliver by October of this year, is
have it running very smoothly on Intel's Classmate PC (some of the
Edubuntu people have actually made it happen already) or similar
devices.

Best,

Jerome Gotangco