Control phones

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu May 10 11:39:55 CEST 2007

Rockmen Jack wrote:
> Hi, All
>   How much we can control NEO1973 via a PC, for example make call, send
> SMS, just like SiMoCo controls Siemens phones?
>   Will openmoko provide some APIs/Interface for us to write a software?

Basically.
The answer to almost all these questions at the moment is 'however much
you code, or can convince others to code.'.
The phone is at the moment basically a pocket linux/X box, with some
rudimentary phone apps on it.
It's nothing more.

Trivially at the moment, you can I think bring up the whole UI of the
phone over X, or VNC to a desktop system.

I think it's pretty safe to say that that'll be along come September -
release date.