Sun JavaFx

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu May 10 14:45:40 CEST 2007

I know its bad form to respond to one's own posting, but watch the end
of the 'webcast' around the 15:00 mark, just after McNealy gets up to
talk about Curriki, and then compares Rich Green to Jobs, where Jonathan
Schwartz turns to ask Rich Green:

JS: "Rich, how would you feel about someone taking the JavaFX Mobile
stack we just talked about and created an independent device, just took
the code, paid Sun nothing, just created a $50 device or a $30 device?"

RG: "To reach everyone?"

JS: "Everyone"

RG: "Perfect! Its just perfect."

JS: "So thats what we're trying to do, create an open platform that is
truly open source..."

Apple just got its iPhone shoved into a dark, damp orifice.