Battery powered charging/USB hub

Steven Milburn steven.milburn at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:00:50 CEST 2007

btw: That's only works if the port you connect to allows high power
devices.  Most laptops have only one physical port which will let you
enumerate as a high power device, and sometimes even that port only allows
it when you're plugged in.  So, hopefully the phone will be able to attempt
enumeration as a high-power device first, and if nak'd, enumerate as a
low-power device.  In that case, it would be nice if there was some
indication that the battery isn't being charged, or isn't being charged very
quickly, whatever the case would be.

Also, I haven't checked, but I'm assuming the Neo is a full-speed device.
If that's so, there's really no difference to speak of from usb1.1 and
usb2.0.  both specs have full speed devices, with little changes in 2.0.
usb2.0 added high-speed devices.  I often hear people say usb2.0 when they
mean high-speed, but the two are not equal.  Just want to make sure that
isn't happening here.

--Steve