Maximum SDHC capacity supported?

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Fri May 11 18:39:05 CEST 2007

Julien Goodwin wrote:
> On 11/05/2007 7:41 PM, Florent THIERY wrote:
>> As there are some 8GB SDHC cards out there, are there limitations on
>> the neo? (as soon as it's SDHC, shoudl'nt be it ok?)
> Last I heard, from a Nokia employee working on the 770 & N800 SDHC is
> patented so they weren't able to add support for it in the N800.
>
> The only odd bit is that the patent is owned by Nokia themselves...

well if they wanted to add support to said devices, they would have to
licence the use of the patent to the community. this would in turn make
them unable to licence it to other parties as they could in theory turn
the community code into a free-standing library and use that...

atleast thats my guess...