USB host connector? (was Re: Battery powered charging/USB hub)

Mark Eichin eichin at thok.org
Fri May 11 20:06:28 CEST 2007

Speaking of USB -- the openmoko has a USB device port on the side
(that's being discussed in this thread) and internally has a USB host,
according to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Neo1973_Hardware#USB_Host
but I what I haven't seen clarified - is the USB host port brought
outside at all?

(At a high level, my use case is "take pictures from my real camera
and upload them directly to flickr" :-)  That requires either an SD
slot, or USB host to talk to the card directly (or USB to talk to the
camera, but that's less portable.) I'm trying to see if I can do this
with the FIC1973, possibly with simple warrantee violating hardware
enhancements...)