First impressions of Neo1973

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon May 14 16:08:12 CEST 2007

On ma, 2007-05-14 at 07:21 -0500, Steven ** wrote:
> It also occurs to me that in an OK/Cancel dialog, OK is always on the
> left.  So again, consistency would suggest leaving it that way.

OpenMoko uses GTK, which per default uses the Mac-style "OK on bottom
right" approach, which I find to be better argued for. So, incorrect.

Also not all phones have answer/call on left and reject/end-call on
right, though it is true that it seems to be the majority vote. I have
seen phones where it is reversed, but don't recall the models.

I have no strong opinions on the answer/call and reject/end-call
ordering, but would like it if the GTK practice was adhered to. This
_would_ logically place also answer/call on the right, of course...

Perhaps for the answer/call buttons at least the order should be
settable, default maybe the order most phones do it in. (And of course
it is in the end settable anyway, but from a GUI ;)

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki