First impressions of Neo1973

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Mon May 14 22:40:31 CEST 2007

On 5/14/07, mathew davis <someoneinjapan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested to know what you thought were strong suits of the
> phone.  Programs you liked, and other things that the phone does well.  Just
> curious I guess.  I like hearing about the phone from people who have actual
> models.

It is a developer phone, so it is hardly surprising that the quality
of the software is lacking. Thus, I have so far not been able to place
a call. The other applications can hardly be called strong.

The size is surprisingly accurate to my paperdoll
http://wiki.openmoko.org/images/2/27/Neo1973-doll.pdf So if you want
to get a feel of how big it is - print it out and start folding. A
picture of the (bangend up) doll, a couple of phones and a CD is here:
https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:PhoneSizeComparison.jpg

/Ole