Durability of the Neo1973?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Tue May 15 15:13:47 CEST 2007

Am 15.05.2007 um 14:37 schrieb el jefe delito:

> >Right, the first version isn't supposed to be a mass market
> consumer >device.  But I believe the intention
> >is that the version that was intended to ship in September was to
> be a
> >mass market device.
>
> I was under the impression that this phone was already produced and
> available in Asia, albeit with slightly different components and a
> whole different OS...

That was my original impression as well, when I headerd the first
time about this device before Chistmas 2006. Maybe, it was only a
wron interpretation of early press announcements that was spread in
all gazettes. Now, I would assume that it is the other way round: it
was thought to become the basis/platform for future customer specific
phones for Asian markets.

-- hns