Durability of the Neo1973?

polz polz at aufbix.org
Wed May 16 02:03:50 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 18:26:57 Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

> Most all the parts are now at the factory. The May 10th run has been
> delayed about two weeks because of last minute supply coordination
> issues. But I'm still being told that we're on to have devices this
> month.
At least to me, the neo1973 is looking more and more like vapourware, an
experiment in marketing, whose purpose is to:

1.) estimate the size of the potential market for OpenMoko devices
2.) see how long the hype will last.

Can anyone here suggest an HTC phone which can be bought in Europe for less
than $400 and can run linux well enough to dial out and somehow connect to a
PC ?