USB host connector? (was Re: Battery powered charging/USB hub)

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Wed May 16 13:04:16 CEST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 10:57, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> Does anyone know how much work it will be to get the USB host working? I
> will need it to drive a webcam for one of my projects.
> Will this be possible?

I had the idea of perhaps hooking up car mounted webcam(s) to the Neo to use
for parking assisst, dead angles, etc, and, of course the obligatory USB
reader for music (changing a memcard beneath a battery in city traffic
conditions is like an F1 tire change :). USB powering is an issue there, but
I think perhaps a v2 Car Kit could solve this (if you already have a car
charger, it could provide power to the USB devices as well, if the voltage is
different, it just needs an extra regulator).