release date

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Sat May 19 01:26:09 CEST 2007

Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> 2007/5/18, Ian Stirling <openmoko at mauve.plus.com>:
>
>> For end-users, it's still September.
>
> It definitely doesn't look like the OpenMoko (software) will be ready
> in 3 months.

I had doubts about the originalish schedule of Feb->Sep.
May->Sep is challenging.
I think it's probably safe to say that it'll take a fair amount of
effort to get a nice set of end-user-safe apps in 3 months ish.
And that open-source development often doesn't behave well in time pressure.
I'm assuming in this that there is a step change in development effort
once hardware hits interested devs.

I know I can develop without hardware.
I know I should.
But, the presence of a phone would be a powerful motivator.