release date

admin at mmri.us admin at mmri.us
Sat May 19 21:37:06 CEST 2007

I dont mind having a FIC NEO 1973, phone that I can only call with and
receive calls initially.
No problem. I think FIC & developers underestimates this. there a re a
lot of us in companies want to use the phone platform for other markets
anyway.
Open Source is the only way we can create derivative applications for it
to even distribute with our products.

If the hardware is fixed right now and will not be upgraded severely, it
would be great to have one now and continually upgrade and add software
as it develops.
This is anyway how most open source folks work and it is part of the fun.

As Steve Jobs said in his keynote speech with the release of the iphone,
"making a call is the killer app"
He is right and we must not forget that.

I think you guys need to get this out asap.
The only reason I do not buy the iphone right now is because it does not
have GPS.

To me there are three killer aps in order of importance
1) Make a call (thanks Steve you're right)
2) GPS
3) Open source.
3) Internet/mail etc.

L Venter