FCC Approval

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Sun May 20 22:52:06 CEST 2007

Duncan Hudson wrote:
> Just read that the iPhone was granted FCC approval.  I asked along time
> ago, has the OpenMoko FCC certification process even begun yet?  No FCC
> approval, no license to sell the product in the US...

Its not a "license".  You can't sell, or offer to sell a device subject
to the FCC regs in the US without either marking (in a rules-compliant
manner) the FCC compliance information (not all devices are
"certified"), or affixing a label that says, "this device is not
FCC-certified, and is not offered for sale", in order to even *show* one
at a venue such as a trade show.

Violation is subject to a fine of up to $10,000 per occurrence.

Personally, I get a 'vibe' that Sean doesn't think the phone will sell
(at least for a while) in the US... for whatever reason.

Jim