FCC Approval

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Mon May 21 09:10:40 CEST 2007

Am 21.05.2007 um 04:57 schrieb Joe Friedrichsen:

> It would be great to know if any of the P0 folks are US-based as well.
> The majority sound European, save Rod :-)

Well, the EU has similar rules but there is no central "FCC". It is
called "CE" and the entity (you personally, a distributor, a local
operation of a foreign company etc.) importing something has to prove
that the rules are ok. For GSM, I think there is even more precise
regulation.

Otherwise the tax&duty authorities can ban it from import and request
high penalties. It is even harder for patent infringement claims.
During CeBIT there are always some unused booths - because the
company trying to show a faked iPod or an MP3 player without paying
patent licenses was not able to get the devices through customs...