First impressions of Neo1973

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri May 25 14:23:56 CEST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 13:37, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> The software seems a lot worse than the hardware at the moment. Every
> reaction to user input is slow. The GUI is quite pretty but the speed is
> worrysome. What CPU is going to be in the upcoming faster version?

I would not be surprised to hear the emphasis is on the hardware, as sofware
can be field-upgraded and customized, the hardware cannot. Perhaps not the
best example, but a similar thing happened/is happening to the GP2X linux
mobile gaming console, the hardware differences among production runs were
not that much different, software OTOH improved quite a bit compared to the
not really impressive first releases. As I said, not really surprising in a
homebrew target audience.