Neo1973 vs Future OpenMoko Devices - whats a buyer to do?

openmoko at mauve.plus.com openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Fri May 25 20:48:40 CEST 2007

> I've not seen any of these devices except in the photos, and I've not seen
> any video/screen capture of the software in its current state.  I
> understand
> that this is a first-generation device, and that when the Neo1973 is
> released that FIC will also be releasing a few additional 'secret'
> devices.
> :)
>
> If this first-generation phone isn't ready for general use, what is the
> expected timeline for the next round of devices?  Will the second or third
> generation devices be far superior to the first generation?  Or can I
> expect

The idea is for the hardware to be completely ready for general use.
However, it won't have wifi.
The next release, in a couple of months or so will.
The software is a completely seperate question - if you buy the one that's
soon to be released, you will be able to install the 'release' software on
it when the later hardware is released.