Ruby for OpenMoko - got it small

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Tue May 29 07:02:18 CEST 2007

Ummm.... why did you post to the community list?  This seems like a
squarely devel question.  I'd suggest you repost to that list.  I'm
following up to community since that's where the discussion started,
but if you'd like to take it to devel I'll happily follow.

Anyway, I don't have enough experience with either python, ruby, nor
perl to say anything useful in that regard.

But...  I'd heard of uclibc before (and had mentioned it on devel).
>From the description I've had, it really, really seems like it would
be worth the effort to get things working with it instead of glibc.
My impression is that it is enough smaller to be worth the effort.

Having said that, I'm not quite sure how you're measuring the size of
your interpreters.  Since they're dynamically linked (aren't they?)
the size of the library shouldn't be affecting the size of the
executable.