OpenMoko / Neo 1973 as assistive technology

Arthur Marsh arthur.marsh at internode.on.net
Tue May 29 08:07:02 CEST 2007

Hi, I heard a bit of a radio interview with a Jason Burton of
Alzheimer's Australia Western Australia who was working on a project to
use GPS enabled handsets as locators for people with dementia (who would
obviously need to be carrying the handset and have GPS reception for the
idea to work).

At the moment they are using some handsets that are supplied by Vodafone
that are designed for children, but I thought that the Neo 1973 with
OpenMoko would be able to be made more suitable for such an application.

I've passed on the URL of the OpenMoko web site to Jason and suggested
that he subscribe to this list. If anyone is interested in contacting
him direct, email me ( arthur dot marsh at internode dot on net ) and I
will pass on his email address.

Regards,

Arthur.