New CPU

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue May 29 20:51:21 CEST 2007

ti, 2007-05-29 kello 13:13 -0400, Varga-Háli Dániel kirjoitti:
> I don't know if there were any discussion about this. Today I was
> looking at the processor and I saw (sadly) that it's got only
> 200-266MHz. Do you think it is going to enough?

Second-hand reports from those lucky enough to have phones indicate that
the current software could use optimizing to run on it nicely. OTOH,
it's apparently just about video capable, which is nice:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Video_Player

> I am guessing that the core team is planning to put a faster CPU in.

It's been mentioned that the P1+/2 revision will likely have a faster
CPU; final specs have been promised at the same time P1 sales will
start, hopefully soon :]

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>