Fwd: tomtom on the Neo1973

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Tue May 29 22:40:50 CEST 2007

Thomas Gstädtner wrote:
> Well, this answer is not too bad and maybe better than expected.
> "will keep an eye on it" could mean, that TomTom will wait and see how
> the first OpenMoko Phones (Neo1973 Phase 2) sell.
> If the sales are ok, maybe they release their software for OpenMoko.

I think you're right; after the first 250,000 or so Neo 1973 phones have
been sold, they *may* look again.  There are currently under 350
signups, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If you just want to
use a $350 Neo as a $200 GPS, you might as well spend the time on a
mashup of RoadMap and OpenStreetMap.