Fwd: tomtom on the Neo1973

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue May 29 23:24:43 CEST 2007

Yes, but if I am relying on my device to be able to get from point A to
point B then I would MUCH rather have it be able to give me an accurate
map and directions.

Its almost a chicken and egg problem.  TomTom only sells/ports to high
volume platforms.  Platforms need TomTom (not specifically, just in
general) to be mass marketable.

I fully plan on supporting OpenStreetMap (although the US coverage is
terrible), but it is NOT ready for use outside of enthusiasts and
certainly NOT ready to be a mass marketable option.