google open phone platform

Ofek Doron [Ofek BIZ] doron at ofek.biz
Tue Nov 6 08:47:24 CET 2007

Hi,

You are basically right.

But, I can not agree with you, because:

1. the time frame for the technology start when you have a competition.
which mean that the end of 2007 and the first quarter of 2008 is the
time to do something (don't forget the google will not sell the phone
and the partners need some time). it is a marketing issue and not
technical issue.

2. "time to market" is very important in our world, and as I said, I
think that OpenMoko have the time frame for the next 4-5 months.  but
someone have to do something.

I not sure, but if the opensource community is good enough to help the
development process, maybe it's good enough to help deliver the solution
- something like community based marketing plan. the oss community have
"ambassadors" all over the world and it's a good point against google
dominance.

- Ofek Doron