"Google's Android has long road ahead"

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:16:09 CET 2007

Sadly I'm inclined to disagree, from the FAQs:

Why did you pick the Apache v2 open source license?

Apache is a commercial-friendly open-source license. The Apache
license allows manufacturers and mobile operators to innovate using
the platform without the requirement to contribute those innovations
back to the open-source community. Because these innovations and
differentiated features can be kept proprietary, manufacturers and
mobile operators are protected from the "viral infection" problem
often associated with other licenses.