Gphone and 850, perspectives

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Wed Nov 7 18:42:28 CET 2007

850Mhz is "odd" because north america is "big".
Output power 2 watt versus 1 watt for 1900 Mhz.
To cover rural areas, less towers required for 850Mhz.
There will be more not less 850 support in the future.
Europe is much more congested so can justify more
towers with less output power on phones.

I hope Neo gets this support for 850Mhz in the next
version. I love the idea but it doesn't make sense for
most folks on this side of the pond to buy what would
effectively be a single band phone.

  -- Doug