Neo case-modding ? (was Re: Community update: The 850 MHz issue)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Nov 8 13:01:07 CET 2007

alan at rotorgraphics.com wrote:
> The centered, 4.5" Diag *Finger Touch* screen with one thumb width of
> grip space on either end of a basically rectangular device is a
> "Golden Form Factor".

Interesting, so we got it almost right ? Screen size is of course
different, but you could probably case-mod the rest. Replace the
GSM antenna, cut off one speaker, put the GPS antenna in its place,
put it all in a new slimmer and sexier case. Voila, there is your
iNeo :-)

One gotcha: the GPS antenna would end up at a much worse spot.

- Werner