Gphone and 850, perspectives

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:19:36 CET 2007

admin at mmri.us ha scritto:
> In this case it is a very valid issue and definitely not a complaint
> or a whine.
> It basically tanks one of the largest consumer bases and it tanks my
> project in my company until I find something else.
Well the man at FIC (Michael) said that this issue is being evaluated,
i'm not associated with fic in any way so anything i'm writing is
because i've read the mails coming from this mailing list.

> You left out one important part in your mail below.
No, i've left anything because the subject of this mail is regarding the
850MHz issue, GPS is not involved with it.
> Will GPS work without trouble, is it in any way affected by the
> bandwidth issue.
> I would surely think not, but if y0ou want to market this to someone
> as a PDA only, then definitely give the complete information sucha as
> include GPS usability in NA.

Updates? they are told to us from Michael and there is a wiki page for
them, so if you want to make a business project NEO based you have to
keep in mind that it's still in development and something could go
wrong, the new version (GTA02) will have more hardware like wifi and
openmoko is quite usable now, but i don't know if it's so stable. The
OpenMoko is free software, so you have to read the license  saying
something like "if it works ok, if it don't fix it yourself or pay
someone to fixit for you", so i have to say to be careful doing this
choice. Good software and i think i'll enjoy it on the NEO (trying the
qemu versions) but this is from a user/programmer/liunx
fan/geek/everything you want point of view. From a business point of
view you have to consider a lot of factor so you have to wait a stable
release first and get all the updates on that: software firmware
hardware issues.... (i'm doing it for the NEO just to see which are the
progress)

I've wrote that mail only to clarify the situation beacuse anyone was
saying the same thing. I'll buy the NEO, i'll be happy if it will be a
quad band phone, but i don't really mind if it'll be a triband phone
because where i live this is not a problem. Thinking about myself only?
Maybe, but i really care about a NEO which will work fine in my
conuntry, if i have to wait for another revision or two to let this
phone be full quad band to let it working well in the north america,
i'll be happy to wait, no problem. Anything I want is a good device that
work fine, possibly in any country with a GSM compilant network.

I've made a mistake saying that the NEO isn't working with 1900MHz, it's
only not working with the 850MHz one

(hope to be useful and if this email seems not too polite is because of
my english)

Bye!

Pietro