i'm going to lose my neo....

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:45:04 CET 2007

> what i would like is a (v. small) device that i can carry in my
> wallet, or somewhere, that sounds a reminder (on the phone, or
> external device) when it moves out of range.

How about hacking a bluetooth dongle to sound an alarm when the thing
is out of range of its paired device (the neo), but you may forget
that aswell

> it doesn't have to be any fancy bluetooth or wi-fi or GPS thing, some simple technology for
> measuring proximity and triggering a signal would suffice

Failing that, why don't you try the simple technology called the
lanyard and carrying pouch that came with the neo.
Since my neo sometimes doesn't register the sim card and has crap
battery life (thanks qtopia) it sits on my desk.