Greetings

Tomi N/A hefest at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:15:18 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

I just joined the list after having read the last month or so worth of
archives and can only say...I'm simply not buying a phone until I can
buy the first Neo, one that comes equipped with WiFi. I've never paid
for a phone more than 15 euros (usually signing a yearly contract
instead), but I'm willing to spend a couple of hundred euros for a
computing platform packed into a phone form factor and almost
unprecedented level of integration into it's environment (touch
screen, GPS, GPRS, GSM, WiFi, accelerometers).

Also, I think openbeacon is a great product and would like to see
something like that in a future version of Neo, the use case being
attaching cheap RFID tags to my keys, my wallet etc. so that Neo could
detect moving away from the marks and could take action (beep, record
last location, whatever). From what I've read, it seems that
openbeacon is limited to a relatively small (<10cm) range: I'd like it
to be more in the range of a meter.

I am a developer, spending a lot of my time working with java and
would very much like to see some kind of java running on the device
both as a door opener to a see of existing applications (e.g. e-book
readers) and so that I could use my knowledge and motivation to
produce new applications for the Neo.

Cheers,
Tomislav