Manually usage of gsmd with libgsmd-tool

Mikkel Meyer Andersen openmoko at
Fri Nov 9 13:56:41 CET 2007

I'm having problems with registering with a carrier here in Denmark.

The log:
root at fic-gta01:~$ libgsmd-tool -m shell -vvv
libgsm-tool - (C) 2006 by Harald Welte
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

# # Power-On
EVENT: PIN request (type='SIM PIN') Please enter SIM PIN: 1283
sending pin='1283', newpin=''
EVENT: Netreg searching for network
EVENT: Netreg registration denied
EVENT: Signal Quality: 29
EVENT: Signal Quality: 23

If I'm debugging with "libgsmd-tool -m atcmd" I get CME Error 32 which
(according to
means "Network not allowed, emergency calls only".

It seems it something with my carrier's way to handle the registering,
but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know something about this issue?

Mikkel Meyer Andersen