Manually usage of gsmd with libgsmd-tool

Mikkel Meyer Andersen openmoko at mikl.dk
Fri Nov 9 13:56:41 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm having problems with registering with a carrier here in Denmark.

The log:
root at fic-gta01:~$ libgsmd-tool -m shell -vvv
libgsm-tool - (C) 2006 by Harald Welte
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

# # Power-On
EVENT: PIN request (type='SIM PIN') Please enter SIM PIN: 1283
sending pin='1283', newpin=''
EVENT: Netreg searching for network
EVENT: Netreg registration denied
EVENT: Signal Quality: 29
EVENT: Signal Quality: 23

If I'm debugging with "libgsmd-tool -m atcmd" I get CME Error 32 which
(according to http://www.activexperts.com/activsms/sms/gsmerrorcodes/)
means "Network not allowed, emergency calls only".

It seems it something with my carrier's way to handle the registering,
but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know something about this issue?

--
Regards,
Mikkel Meyer Andersen