i'm going to lose my neo....

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 9 15:34:13 CET 2007

On 8 Nov 2007, at 21:22, Robin Paulson wrote:
> i know it's got a gps and can e-mail/text us where it is, but that
> will only work if someone doesn't re-flash it and has other caveats on
> it working. ...

I'd guess that only 1% of the population knows what a Neo looks like,
or would even have the skill to reflash after learning about the Neo
via Google. I think it's reaching to suggest that your Neo's going to
fall into the hands of a crook who happens to be in that 1% of the
population.

 From all the headlines we see on Slashdot / Reddit / wherever about
thieves uploading photos from the webcam of a stolen laptop onto the
owner's Flikr account, I'd be quite confident of a stolen piece of
tech being used as-is at least for a number of days, until it reaches
someone with the clues to push the factory-reset button.

With a device like the Neo the biggest issue with automated "I'm
here" messages is the risk of the battery running flat 7 the thief
being unable to acquire a suitable charger.

Stroller.