i'm going to lose my neo....

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:53:06 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 3:36 PM, Tomi N/A <hefest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's an idea.
> Let's say that the phone keeps a complete history of it's movement in
> space and time (or spacetime, if you like).
> When you're phone is stolen - and the above behavior is made
> SIM-independent - you get regular tips on where your phone is and how
> it got there.
> The only thing a thief could do is sabotage/overwrite the program...or
> to keep moving. :)

This is yet another great idea.  One consideration with regard to
power:  I'm not entirely sure how much network traffic my 2 year old
CDMA LG from Sprint uses while doing this sort of positional mapping
(I use the "Allsport GPS" program while I bikeride actually, works
rather nicely and gives gmaps as output) but assuming only 1 network
ping to get ephemeris data, the phone dies after about 6 hours.  I've
estimated its position fixing to be about once every  2-3 seconds.  To
be considered, however, is that while in a java applet my phone never
turns off the display; it only dims.

Mike