i'm going to lose my neo....

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Sat Nov 10 00:45:47 CET 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 21:24, Ian Darwin wrote:
> > Now this is a great idea. Have it automatically go into stolen mode if
> > the sim changes.  I honestly didn't think about that one.
>
> But this obviously can't become part of the base system; it's a bad idea
> for many people.  I (and many others I know) legitimately switch SIMs
> several times a year (when travelling to Europe), and don't need to be
> worried about false alarms.

Well, it should provide some way of switching sim-cards anyway and even I
wouldn't want to see it enabled by default. But when that is covered, I don't
know why it couldn't be a part of the base system. It this kind of stuff
which sets OpenMoko apart from an 'normal' smartphone.
But I do agree there it should be handled properly, otherwise it will become
useless in practice.

AVee

--
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.