Qtopia flash image 11/9

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sat Nov 10 06:11:45 CET 2007

Richard Reichenbacher wrote:
>> Lorn,
>>   I just flashed over the latest image you uploaded.  Upon receiving a
>> call, the phone does not ring, I cannot hear the other person they
>> cannot hear me and the alarm clock doesn't ring.  Odd thing though is
>> that when I place a call I can be heard and they can hear me.  I'm
>> also curious what the state is with getting the gsmhandset.state file
>> working properly.  The feedback from the gsm antennae is still very
>> loud and noticeable.  Do you think this might be a hardware design
>> flaw from mic being located too close to the gsm antenna?

I believe it's just a matter of tweaking the mixer. I have been working
on an alsamixer for Qtopia, mostly done but it is not finished yet. It
can do simple volume stuff, but it doesn't do the more complicated
enumerated switches in the Neo's mixer. I also want to make it support
states.
You can adjust the volume of the call, when in the call by going to
Settings->Call Options->Call Volume. But it doesn't save this state and
will only adjust the volumes of the current state.

> Actually it's odd.  All of a sudden with the last phone call I recieved
> the state switching seems to have fixed itself.  Everything from the
> alarm, phone calls and media player work fine.  I did have to restart
> qtopia a few times, maybe that did it.

Not sure if thats good or bad. :)
I have noticed some oddities on first boot as well. Sim contacts don't
always seem to get populated.