Moved page for those interested in second hand Neos

John Locke mail at freelock.com
Sat Nov 10 22:07:03 CET 2007

I live in a major metropolitan area (Seattle), and so far have not had
any issues with the lack of 850MHz. Not to re-open the flamewar, but I
just wanted to add our experiences driving 2/3rds of the way across the
country last November. We drove from Seattle to Little Rock, taking a 2
1/2 week road trip.

My old phone was a 3-band phone, also apparently lacking the 850MHz
band. My wife's phone was brand new, and quad-band. In pretty much every
reasonable-sized city we went through, my phone worked (this was on
T-Mobile, but much of the time it was roaming to another carrier). In
between cities, there were broad stretches where my phone didn't work,
mostly in Wyoming. In some of these areas, my wife's phone did work, and
that's when I first learned the 850MHz band even existed, and that she
had quad-band and I didn't! But on a cross-country drive, this was only
a slight inconvenience, not a big deal.

So while I'm a bit disappointed that the current Neo doesn't support the
extra band, and while this is no consolation for people who live in
those areas with only 850Mhz coverage, for me this is not at all a deal
breaker--I'd rather have the GPS than the extra band, given my current
experience. I'm keeping mine...

Now where's that GPS binary?

Cheers,
John

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"