OpenMoko phone comparisons

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Nov 12 02:50:06 CET 2007

Giles Jones wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2007, at 17:33, Peter Naulls wrote:
>>
>> For price comparison, the UTC is about $350 and Neo is $450.
>>

> HTC Universal?

Yes, you snipped that part.

> If you want one of these get one, but OpenMoko is far from being as
> reliable and complete as the Windows Mobile OS on it.

I have little interest in Windows Mobile, which is another part you
snipped.  I want Linux, probably OpenMoko.

> It's a rather large phone, not exactly a fast device (it's a few years
> out of date now) and the final Neo device will be faster in numerous ways.

Well, that's the one helpful thing you posted.  But what are we talking?
Either a subjective comparison or detailed technical comparison
of processor, graphics and bus, memory speeds would be fine.

> Perhaps a Nokia N800 or N810 is what you need at this time?

Or not, not having phone capabilities, which is another requirement
you snipped (Skype notwithstanding).