developing C/C++ applications for OpenMoko -- where do we stand?

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Nov 12 22:57:05 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:39 -0600, William Voorhees wrote:
> I hope they do it soon, I just downloaded the Android (google) SDK,
> and I must say I'm rather impressed.

The demos are great.   But it looks like it's heavily java-focused,
which is a bummer, and there's no platform to run the applications on.
It's certainly hugely better than what you get for developing for
existing phones, as far as I can tell, but it's not the same thing as
what OpenMoko and TrollTech are doing.

It'll be interesting to see how it looks once there's a platform on
which to run it.