OpenMoko phone comparisons

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:35:00 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 1:12 AM, Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:

> Ortwin Regel wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 2007 6:33 PM, Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org
> > <mailto:peter at chocky.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     I have concerns about the screen size (even though it's 640x480,
> >     it's still tiny)
> >
> > The screen is small but usable. The biggest problem I see is text
> > input but there are some interesting projects and ideas flying around
> > to solve that.
> How about in terms of viewing movies or graphics - is that sensible; the
> pixels are surely minuscule?

It's quite hard to see the individual pixels but as far as I'm concerned
this is a good thing. Things look very sharp. Of course, some pictures and
videos might have to be scaled up to fit the screen. The Neo is not the best
virtual picture frame or movie theatre but it should be great for viewing
high res videos and photos (high res for a mobile device) on the go.