Gphone isn't open, linux dev not possible

William Voorhees will.voorhees at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:16:18 CET 2007

upon further inspection it looks like your right, though I am still
hopeful based upon this entry in the FAQ.

http://code.google.com/android/kb/licensingandoss.html

Assuming that this is true, it only strengthens the case of the  Neo
1973 and openmoko project. If the 850mhz issue resolved, I'll be
buying one. The ability to run various linux based platforms on the
Neo 1973 device is great. Furthermore this offers great opportunities
for porting the openmoko platform to any of the android based phones
that should be coming out in the next year. They will already have a
working kernel, etc.

-Will