Gphone isn't open, linux dev not possible

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:29:50 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:55 PM, William Voorhees <will.voorhees at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't say I'm not concerned, but I'm hopeful. In one of the
> video's Sergy Brin says that it will be "entirely open". I hope that
> google's Do No Evil slogan takes hold.
>
> -Will

I do hope and expect android to be open. That said, lets be clear "not open"
!= evil.

Though I do know many in th open source community feel this way. I don't
know if this was just a slip or if it reflected your real opinions, but if
open is evil, then most every product, device, computer, phone, chip, etc
that we use is evil, as are the people that make them. Time to go move to a
cave.

Hank