GTK vs QTopia vs Android - (was: Re: Android needs applications) (will be: new vision for openmoko)

Ross Burton ross at
Fri Nov 16 14:48:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 14:30 +0100, Michael Schmidt wrote:
> If I understand it right, the neo phone has now three options for an
> operating system
> - the current openmoko GTK operating system
> - Qtopia from Trolltech
> - Android linux from google.

Last time I looked, the full Android stack wasn't open source.  They say
it will be, but until it is Android is a closed platform running on

OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices -