Gphone isn't open, linux dev not possible

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri Nov 16 14:52:30 CET 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 13:29:50 hank williams wrote:
> Though I do know many in th open source community feel this way. I don't
> know if this was just a slip or if it reflected your real opinions, but if
> open is evil, then most every product, device, computer, phone, chip, etc
> that we use is evil, as are the people that make them. Time to go move to a
> cave.

I presume you wanted to say !open above. It's a common case used in 'evil'
rhetorics, when you establish that A is good (A = open in our case), and that
B is not A (B = proprietary), and reason that this means B is bad. While it
might sound correct, it's logically flawed (the good things in Open don't
influence whether Proprietary is good or bad, it's good or bad based on it's
own merits/flaws, not A's).