GTK vs QTopia vs Android - (was: Re: Android needs applications) (will be: new vision for openmoko)

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at
Fri Nov 16 15:17:07 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:59:33 +0100, Michael Schmidt
<schmidtm524 at> wrote:

> So make a poll for GTK-OS versus Qtopia.
> maybe it is not only a technical question. Is there an emulator to
> test both systems on my windows machine? then i can give a vote based
> on the stomach. If not, then I vote for Qtopia, as this allows secure
> VOIP with the mentioned Qt-Application for openmoko.

Why start another QT/GTK discussion? This has been hashed to death already
in so many projects.
What you have is a device, Neo1973 that will come preloaded with Openmoko,
a GTK based OS.
You then have the choice to add or replace that with Qtopia, or Sun's
JavaFX Mobile platform, or any number of other OSses that will shorely be
ported to the Neo soon.

That's great,
No need for additional OS wars.