Harald "LaF0rge" Welte: Leaving OpenMoko...

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Fri Nov 16 18:56:00 CET 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 14:20, Javi Roman wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 12:52 PM, Bartlomiej Zdanowski [Zdanek]
>
> <b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl> wrote:
> >  Sad news. It is bad news for OM Community but personally I understand
> > move like this. Best regards for Harald.
> >

> > http://gnumonks.org/~laforge/weblog/2007/11/16/#20071116-leaving_openmoko
> >
> >  Best regards.
>
> "...internal friction...."
>
> weird news, ..., hmmm, what's going on in OpenMoko/FIC?

How about everything which goes on in every company which grows fast and is
under a lot of pressure to release a product? Everybody who has been there
knows it's stressfull, hectic and yes it is really demotivating, largely
because you keep spending time on stuff you don't want to do and as a result
it is really hard to get the stuff you want to do done. All of this is
doubled when you have a parent company, doubled again when there is a lot of
publicity around it and doubled once more when you are one of the more well
known members of the team.
Coping with that for 18 months is an achievement of its own kind, I can't
blame anybody for not keeping it up endlessly.

Harold, thanks for everything you did to make an really open phone a reality.

AVee

--
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
  -- Douglas Adams