Neo1973/OpenMoko as a laptop replacement

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Sat Nov 17 18:19:53 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 10:11 +0100, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" wrote:
> Why not a laptop chassis

The laptop form factor forces poor ergonomics.   I always bring a
keyboard with me when I travel so that I can have the screen up high and
the keyboard down low.   So for me the built-in keyboard is just wasted
space.   And when you take that and the CPU out, all you're really left
with is the TFT.

The really great thing about the TFT is that because it doesn't have the
crown jewels on it (your data!), you can put it in luggage and check it,
and the worst that happens on the other end is that you have to get a
replacement if someone stole it.   Checking a laptop isn't such a
fortunate plan.