Neo1973/OpenMoko as a laptop replacement

Giles Jones giles.jones at
Mon Nov 19 17:28:10 CET 2007

AVee <openmoko-comunity at> wrote :
> Your not the only one. The Nokia N810 has 2 advantages compare to the NEO, it
> has a keyboard and a slightly bigger display. However, it does force me to
> carry two devices, which is a major disadvantage.
> Maybe one day there will be a NEO like device with a proper foldable display.
> Or perhaps a build in beamer of some sort. Then add the laser projection
> keyboard thinkgeek sells and find all hope of a decent battery live is
> gone ;-)
> AVee

Anyone after a laptop replacement should consider the Asus eeePc. It's Linux based, cheap (£220 UKP) small and fairly rugged.

It's a good unit for testing out mobile Linux ideas on since it has a smallish screen (7inch 800x480) and limited storage. It also has only flash storage and so it's close to being a mobile phone in effect.

G O Jones