can make a call now, can even build the image... woot!

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:42:46 CET 2007

Maybe this is old news but it's the first time I've ever been able to
get bitbake to complete successfully and end up with complete working
images for the kernel and rootfs.  The build machine is a dual-core
Athlon 64, which was also a challenge... some bugs must have gotten
fixed.  I flashed the phone with my own image that I just built, and
was able to make calls too!  Repeatedly!  Both directions!  With
reasonable audio settings!  With a TMobile SIM!  (but we have the 1900
MHz band in Phoenix, I think.)

So I guess Harald must have made some progress on gsmd before leaving.
 And thanks to everyone for getting the build process at least
temporarily stable.

Now if I could just get GPRS working...  and GPS too.