Use Neo w/out removing from pocket (was: Neo1973/OpenMoko as a laptop replacement)

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Nov 19 21:02:03 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 10:35 -0800, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> What sort of applications make sense
> this way? What sort of new applications does this allow?

I think the two big killer apps are laptop replacement and watching
video.   But that's going to require hardware acceleration.

Long term, you can imagine using something like this as a HUD, but I
don't know if that's actually going to see any use - we won't know until
someone tries to sell one and we see if people are actually willing to
look that silly.

I think running something like this without wires is way in the future,
but I'm certainly willing to be proven wrong.   The trouble with
wireless is power consumption for a high-bandwidth video signal.