November 26, 2007 Community Update

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Nov 26 20:41:54 CET 2007

Hi Community,

Some updates:

GSM Firmware fix for 3G AT&T users:

Background: Until we figure out a way to let customers update their GSM
firmware, I was offering to do it.

GSM hardware debug serial port. I'm working on this with the crew in
Taiwan. GSM firmware upgrade is pretty much done by one person at one
computer setup, so I suspect there is something different between his
setup and mine that we have not yet identified.

Update: Sean has been able to make progress with the legal process that
would allow you to upgrade your own GSM firmware. While this isn't
finalized yet it's getting closer. I would imagine that with more of us
trying to establish the serial connection we would quickly figure out
how to do it reliably.

GPS driver:

Background: Release of gllin driver pending legal approval of wording of
EULA

850MHz version of GTA02:

Background: Since GTA02 is a triband handset, we need a version that
will work in North America and other areas that use 850MHz instead of
900MHz. While the modifications are fairly straightforward, they involve
  different components, firmware, and calibration. We are looking into
whether we can do this.

Update: I will continue to keep the pressure on.

GTA02:

Background: Awaiting sufficiently working Wifi driver to confirm that
the Wifi module hardware is working properly

Wifi:

As usual, questions, comments, and corrections are welcome.

Regards,
Michael